Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Better to Have Loafed and Lost...

Today I made (or attempted to make) a beautiful loaf of multigrain bread, with flaxmeal and pumpkin seeds and oats and all sorts of scrumptious fixins. I never follow recipes; although in this case a recipe did serve as a jumping-off point, I added and subtracted and made it my own in a fit of culinary creativity. My magnum opus rose in the oven into a gorgeous globe of gluteny goodness, after which I removed it to preheat the oven to its full baking temperature, then went to retrieve a load of laundry. I returned to find my countersurfing dog Maddow ate half of it. So much for the gorgeous picture, to say nothing of the tasty baked masterpiece I'd envisioned. I blame myself--I am fully aware that she's a gluttonous little scamp, so I should know better than to tempt her with unattended edibles--and not her. Anyway, here is an artist's interpretation of the events--this is as close as you're getting. My apologies.

1 comment:

  1. As the late, great Steve Irwin would say, "Distended tummy!!!"

    ReplyDelete