Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Heart Does Double Beats For You, Baby

Last night I had a stone-cold blast at Dance Dance Party Party Chicago. It's a room full of chicks dancing in the name of fun and fitness for an hour. No booze, no boys, no talking. It's AWESOME. I'll definitely be back, and the experience inspired me to spend some time at home working on some sweet dance moves of my own.

This morning, I took a break from freelance work for dancin' with my self (oh, oh, a-oh). I started with iTunes, but then I remembered a recent trip to a record store for 10-cent 45s and the treasure trove of grooves I'd acquired. Included in the stash is this gem from my childhood. I absolutely ADORED Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam with Full Force (what a mouthful) and her crazy-ass lace headbands--although my favorite LLaCJwFF tune is the tearjerking "All Cried Out," I'm also quite fond of this fired-up tune. Unfortunately, you can't dance too crazy when (1) you're spinning tunes on a turntable (skip city), and (2) when the bedroom of the downstairs neighbor is directly below your living room. However, I do highly recommend you put on some old-school tunes at your place and kick-dance like you're Molly Fucking Ringwald.

No comments:

Post a Comment